Warwickshire County Cricket Club takes the welfare and safety of the players in its pathway with the utmost seriousness. In detail in each Academy and EPP player’s manual are our policies in a number of crucial areas. More importantly, staff are briefed and trained in all areas to ensure that if an issue does arise, it is handled with professionalism and sensitivity.
We have policies and procedures in place in the following areas:
- Health & safety of players in training, match play and when travelling.
- Injury prevention and treatment when training or playing.
- We have a ‘zero tolerance’ stance on bullying involving players and staff.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- There is an Equality & Diversity policy in place in an attempt to ensure that anyone regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation is treated fairly at all times.
- No adult is allowed to work directly with a minor without the relevant child protection, safeguarding and first aid checks / courses completed as standard.
- WCCC are committed to preventing the exploitation of children and young adults in all of its forms.
Our full Player Welfare documentation can be downloaded and viewed below.