To be recruited on to the WCCC Emerging Player and Academy Programmes, coaching staff are looking to discover:
- Players who love playing for Warwickshire, understand the club’s history and ethos, and have a strong desire to contribute towards winning games of cricket for their county.
- Players who don’t get ‘above their station’, stay humble and treat every selection for Warwickshire (regardless of team / squad) as an opportunity and not an expectation.
- Players who practice smart and hard; and who lead their own development.
- Players who are prepared to help others when they aren’t developing themselves.
- Players who ask to practice further and be challenged.
- Players who provide energy to the training and playing environment – and not take it away.
- Players who embrace pressure, and practice their skills ‘under the pump’ in order to cope when the going gets tough.
- Players who are reliable, punctual, and are prepared to sacrifice other commitments here or there (not necessary all the time) in order to progress their development.